MU Career Center: Journalism
Welcome to information about careers in journalism.
Students are advised on a wide range of career development topics, including resumes, interviews, conducting a search, networking and selecting references. Students can connect with prospective employers through on-campus interviews and career fairs. Internship and job postings are available online and through a variety of social media tools.
Alumni have access to online job postings through University of Missouri career sites as well as through the Mizzou Alumni Association network.
Employers have access to a workforce that is ready to work from day one. The real-media experience gained through the Missouri Method equips our students and alumni with the knowledge and skills needed in today’s environment.
Students and alumni are invited to explore the following tools to assist in their job search. Employers can add job listings, review resumes and more to find the best applicants for their positions.
The MU Career Center offers a broad range of services and resources to assist students, parents, educators and employers. These include:
- Cover letters and resumes
- LinkedIn and other online networking tools
- Interview preparation
- Listings of internships and jobs
Additional Student and Recruiter Resources
- HireMizzouTigers.com is a comprehensive database of jobs and internships available to alumni and students. Employers can post and manage job listings, browse resumes, schedule on-campus interviews and participation in career fairs.
- MU Employment Opportunities
- Staff and faculty job listings at the University of Missouri are available online.
- School of Journalism
- Career fairs, professional development events and networking activities with alumni, potential employers and other industry experts are organized by the School’s emphasis areas and student organizations. These are held both on and off campus. For more information, contact the Missouri School of Journalism.