- Cabas-Mijares, A. (2017). Constructing the Socialism of the 21st Century on the Airwaves: A Rhetorical Analysis of President Hugo Chávez’s Characterization of Venezuela’s Socioeconomic Shift on Aló Presidente. International Communication Association, Political Communication Division, May 25-29, 2017, San Diego, California.
- Cabas-Mijares, A. (2016). Conceptualizing the Bolivarian Revolution: A Critical Discourse Analysis of Hugo Chávez’s Rhetorical Framing in Aló Presidente. Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Annual Conference, Graduate Student Interest Group, August 4-7, 2016, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Cabas-Mijares, A. (2015). To attack or not to attack: Framing the desirable solution to the Syrian conflict. Ohio Communication Association, October 2-3, 2015, Dayton, Ohio.
Awards and Honors
- William Gregory Scholarship, University of Missouri’s Graduate School.
- Winner, Scripps International Innovators Cup, Scripps Howard Foundation.
- Winner, Scripps Innovation Challenge, Scripps Howard Foundation and Ohio University.
- John R. Wilhelm Foreign Correspondence Internship Award, Institute for International Journalism, Ohio University.
- Gerbig Graduate Scholarship, E.W. Scripps School of Journalism.
- Best Delegation, Historical Security Council Committee, Latin American Model of United Nations, Puebla, Mexico.
- “Ucabista Integral” Award, UCAB.
- Mass Communication School List of Honor, Mass Communication School, UCAB.