Iuliia Alieva is a doctoral student and graduate research assistant at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. Her research focuses on media effects in data journalism and political communication. She received her bachelor’s degree at the Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University in Russia and her master’s degree at the MU School of Journalism with a concentration on data journalism and international reporting.
Iuliia is a multilingual media professional with experience in data analysis/visualization and international multimedia/broadcast journalism. She came to the United States as a Fulbright scholar from Russia. Through her career path she worked for the United Nations in New York, Center for Public Integrity and Voice of America in Washington, D.C. In 2016 she was selected for Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program and in 2017 she became a Dow Jones News Fund Data Fellow. Projects she contributed for won major national media and press awards such as Society of Professional Journalists awards in New York and D.C., Edward R. Murrow Award, Editor and Publisher EPPY Award for her work at CPI as well as a certificate of appreciation in recognition of special contribution at the Voice of America.
- Database of Trump Administration Officials’ Personal Finances Grows, Center for Public Integrity
- How We Investigated Conflicted Interests in Statehouses Across the Country, Center for Public Integrity
- Become a #CitizenSleuth and Uncover Trump Administration Mysteries, Center for Public Integrity
- Five Miles Apart, a World Away, Center for Public Integrity
- Natural Gas Building Boom Fuels Climate Worries, Enrages Landowners, Center for Public Integrity
- Comeback for ‘Legalized Money Laundering’ in Party Politics?, Center for Public Integrity
- ‘The Fear of Dying’ Pervades Southern California’s Oil-Polluted Enclaves, Center for Public Integrity
- Fleecing America’s Builders, Center for Public Integrity
- Russia Considers Banning Facebook After Blocking Telegram, Voice of America
- Chemical Inspectors to Collect Samples in Douma, Voice of America
- Trump: ‘No Final Decision’ Made on Striking Syria, Voice of America
- US Raises Stakes with Tough Sanctions on Russian Oligarchs, Voice of America