Print this page

Is financial aid available?
Information about financial aid is available through the MU Student Financial Aid office.

Are there assistantships available?
Teaching and research assistantships are available for traditional two-year MA and Five-Year BJ/MA master’s students.

How would having an assistantship benefit me?
Graduate assistantships provide you with the opportunity to work closely with a professor on teaching and research activities. Financial benefits of having an assistantship include a stipend, a complete waiver of both resident and non-resident tuition, and a discount on the (optional) graduate student insurance. Incidental student fees and books are not covered by the tuition waiver.

Can I receive financial aid or have an assistantship if I’m an international student?
International students are eligible for research assistantships in their first semester. You can qualify for a teaching assistantship after you have attended the University of Missouri for one semester and have passed a language screening test that is given on campus. International students should contact the MU International Center for more information about funding options.