Print this page

For courses other than JOURN 8090 Research (thesis) and JOURN 8190 Area Problem (project), the grade of “I” (incomplete) may be recorded when the student’s work is incomplete but otherwise worthy of credit.

  • Incompletes typically are not given for reasons other than medical and should be negotiated with the instructor as early in the semester as possible.
  • Incomplete grade reports are submitted with grade rolls and must indicate what course requirements have not yet been met and outline a timeframe for completing those requirements.
  • Incomplete courses must be completed within one year or the incomplete becomes frozen and cannot be changed.