Application to the Doctoral Program
To apply to our program, you will submit some materials online and some by mail. Here is a checklist of all the required materials. Click on the links to find instructions for each portion.
- University of Missouri Graduate School Application
- Graduate School Application Fee
- Statement of Doctoral Objectives (See sidebar.)
- Writing sample (such as thesis proposal, project proposal, sole authored or first authored papers).
- Current Resume or CV
- Letters of Recommendation
Submit by Mail:
For international students there are two more required materials:
You can learn more here: http://gradschool.missouri.edu/admissions/eligibility-process/international.php
For permanent residents (those of international birth who hold a “green card”) the TOEFL or IELTS is also required.
Deadlines are firm. All application materials must be received by the following deadlines in order for your application to be considered. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered by the Journalism Doctoral Admissions Committee.
- The deadline for application is January 15: Entry in fall (August)
Reviewing Your Application
The review of all applications will begin shortly after the deadline for submission, and you will hear about the status of your application by email and regular mail within six to eight weeks. Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview with the doctoral faculty as part of the review process.