Master’s students may transfer up to six credits that can be used in partial fulfillment of graduate degree requirements, with these provisions:
- The student must make formal application in writing to the associate dean for graduate studies for acceptance of the transfer credits.
- The transfer credits must be included in the transcripts in the student‘s file, and the application must be accompanied by a course syllabus or by the official catalog descriptions of the course(s) in question.
- The transfer credits must be from an accredited institution.
- Application for transfer of credits may be made as part of the student‘s application for admission to the program, in which case the student will be notified of the decision on the transfer credits along with the decision on admission.
- As a rule, credits must be no more than seven years old to be eligible for transfer, but final decisions on this will be at the discretion of the associate dean.
Additional information about transfer credits is available on the MU Graduate School website.