ROB WEIR started his journalism career at 15, working in the job printing department of The Examiner in Independence, Mo. A third-generation Missouri journalist, Weir is a 1999 graduate of the University of Missouri with bachelor’s degrees in journalism and political science. Weir subsequently worked on a master’s degree in U.S. history at Missouri, studying partisanship at Missouri newspapers from 1867-1890. After leaving Missouri, he took a job at the Star-News in Wilmington, N.C., working as a copy editor and then as assistant features editor. He became the first managing editor of the Columbia Missourian’s eMprint editions in 2005, and is currently the director of digital development for the Columbia Missourian. He’s in charge of all the technology for the Missourian, Vox magazine, MyMissourian and other projects of the news, magazine and photo departments. His professional interests include digital journalism, information controls and freedom of information, and the intersection of technology and popular culture.
- Jul 29, 2014: Cleaner, Brighter, Easier to Navigate: Vox Magazine Website Redesign Culminates 3 Years of Work
- Jul 28, 2014: Vox Magazine Wins 8 Awards in National Student Magazine Contest
- Jul 23, 2014: 18 Freshman Interest Groups to Focus on Journalism for Fall 2014
- Jan 27, 2014: Students Publish Columbia's Little-Known Secrets in Vox Magazine
- Jul 18, 2013: Magazine Journalism Students Win 3 First-Place Magazine Journalism Awards in International Competition
- Dec 18, 2012: Five Missouri Journalism Classes Produce Multiplatform Package of Stories for Vox Magazine
- Oct 14, 2011: iPad App Developed by Missouri School of Journalism Magazine Journalism Students
- Apr 16, 2007: Missouri School of Journalism Receives $590,000 Grant to Host Reynolds High School Journalism Institutes
- Sep 22, 2006: New Professional Group Helps Students Hone Copy-Editing Skills
- Sep 6, 2006: Knight Center in Editing Excellence Creates New Leadership Role to Guide Journalism's Future
- Aug 29, 2006: Special Section of Columbia Missourian Receives 1st Place Award
- Dec 15, 2005: iLife, Camera, Action!