Professional Media Outlets
At Missouri, real-world media experience is part of the curriculum.
As a Missouri School of Journalism student, you’ll staff a city newspaper, an NBC affiliate, an international magazine, an NPR affiliate or an ad agency that serves national clients.
The professional journalist who manage these outlets will double as your professors. Take one step into our newsrooms, and you’ll see this isn’t your typical college newspaper or the campus TV channel that only broadcasts to the residence halls.
These are REAL media outlets with REAL listeners. Real readers. Real viewers. Real clients.
This hands-on philosophy of learning-by-doing is what we call “the Missouri Method.”
Six professional newsrooms:
- Community newspaper Columbia Missourian
- Cross platform city magazine Vox
- NBC affiliate KOMU-TV 8
- NPR member station 91.3 FM
- Digital newsroom covering business news, Missouri Business Alert
- Converged newsroom covering issues around the world, Global Journalist