The School of Journalism faculty’s research takes many forms and covers a wide variety of topics in both journalism and strategic communication.
A leader in journalism education and research, the School of Journalism faculty are on the cutting edge of research.
The School has consistently ranked nationally for research publications and submissions. Our faculty and students publish high-impact research in top scholarly publications.
And the School of Journalism is backed by the support of the University of Missouri, a research-intensive university and one of only 34 public U.S. universities selected for membership in the prestigious American Association of Universities (and one of only two Missouri institutions to be selected).
The School of Journalism faculty and students have particular expertise in four evolving research areas:
- Aug 24, 2023: Yong Volz makes her mark on history at Missouri School of Journalism
- Aug 10, 2023: To keep people from texting and driving, remind them of the deadly consequences — and the choice they have to change their behavior
- Aug 08, 2023: Chau Tong brings ‘big data’ to Missouri School of Journalism
- Aug 07, 2023: Missouri School of Journalism welcomes Jared Schroeder
- Jul 14, 2023: Turning curiosity into research
- Jun 29, 2023: Sara Shipley Hiles grows science writing programs at Missouri School of Journalism
- Jun 01, 2023: Capizzo and Hinnant earn Page Grants for research on ethical communication strategies
- May 24, 2023: Community activism as public relations
- May 10, 2023: Two Missouri School of Journalism researchers earn spots in university-wide Arts and Humanities Research Fellows Program
- Mar 23, 2023: Unearthing the stories beneath the images