The School of Journalism faculty’s research takes many forms and covers a wide variety of topics in both journalism and strategic communication.
A leader in journalism education and research, the School of Journalism faculty are on the cutting edge of research.
The School has consistently ranked nationally for research publications and submissions. Our faculty and students publish high-impact research in top scholarly publications.
And the School of Journalism is backed by the support of the University of Missouri, a research-intensive university and one of only 34 public U.S. universities selected for membership in the prestigious American Association of Universities (and one of only two Missouri institutions to be selected).
The School of Journalism faculty and students have particular expertise in four evolving research areas:
- Nov 08, 2022: Doctoral fellowships at Missouri School of Journalism open doors to high-impact research
- Aug 31, 2022: Elevating voices
- Aug 17, 2022: Missouri School of Journalism’s Keith Greenwood embarks on grant-funded research into history of military newspaper Stars and Stripes
- Aug 05, 2022: Gregory Scholars program offers paid research experience at Missouri School of Journalism to students from any school or college at Mizzou
- Aug 03, 2022: Man or machine
- Jul 26, 2022: Missouri School of Journalism faculty, students, alumni win awards, present work at annual AEJMC conference
- Jul 20, 2022: Spring 2022 AdZou students gain hands-on research and advertising campaign development experience
- Jun 07, 2022: Missouri School of Journalism partners with Sinclair School of Nursing to spread facts about COVID-19 vaccines, help nursing students communicate with public
- May 16, 2022: Amanda Hinnant advances field of health communication with instincts of an academic, experience of a journalist
- Mar 25, 2022: Missouri School of Journalism’s Lee and Porter accepted into MU research development programs