The School of Journalism faculty’s research takes many forms and covers a wide variety of topics in both journalism and strategic communication.
A leader in journalism education and research, the School of Journalism faculty are on the cutting edge of research.
The School has consistently ranked nationally for research publications and submissions. Our faculty and students publish high-impact research in top scholarly publications.
And the School of Journalism is backed by the support of the University of Missouri, a research-intensive university and one of only 34 public U.S. universities selected for membership in the prestigious American Association of Universities (and one of only two Missouri institutions to be selected).
The School of Journalism faculty and students have particular expertise in four evolving research areas:
- Sep 14, 2021: Two Missouri School of Journalism doctoral students win awards at AEJMC
- Aug 30, 2021: Missouri School of Journalism helping communities in Africa talk about pesticides, avoid fake news
- Aug 06, 2021: Missouri School of Journalism Graduate receives third place in top student papers at AEJMC
- Jul 26, 2021: Study: Young workers now value respect over ‘fun’ perks in the workplace
- May 13, 2021: Understanding how people make sense of the news they consume
- May 11, 2021: Journalism: A ticket to see the world
- May 03, 2021: Missouri School of Journalism junior Mac McMullan named 2021 Cherng Summer Scholar
- Apr 27, 2021: A glimpse into the ‘YAYA’ during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Apr 13, 2021: Finding resiliency in local, community news gathering
- Apr 08, 2021: Shelly Rodgers named Maxine Wilson Gregory Chair in Journalism Research