The School of Journalism faculty’s research takes many forms and covers a wide variety of topics in both journalism and strategic communication.
A leader in journalism education and research, the School of Journalism faculty are on the cutting edge of research.
The School has consistently ranked nationally for research publications and submissions. Our faculty and students publish high-impact research in top scholarly publications.
And the School of Journalism is backed by the support of the University of Missouri, a research-intensive university and one of only 34 public U.S. universities selected for membership in the prestigious American Association of Universities (and one of only two Missouri institutions to be selected).
The School of Journalism faculty and students have particular expertise in four evolving research areas:
- May 03, 2021: Missouri School of Journalism junior Mac McMullan named 2021 Cherng Summer Scholar
- Apr 27, 2021: A glimpse into the ‘YAYA’ during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Apr 13, 2021: Finding resiliency in local, community news gathering
- Apr 08, 2021: Shelly Rodgers named Maxine Wilson Gregory Chair in Journalism Research
- Mar 01, 2021: Recent Journalism School graduate Lauren Bishop earns byline on published research paper
- Feb 24, 2021: Meet School of Journalism’s newest Strategic Communication faculty member
- Feb 19, 2021: Missouri Journalism School Professor Emeritus Glen T. Cameron receives national award for excellence in research
- Feb 03, 2021: School of Journalism doctoral candidate Iuliia Alieva selected as SURF Fellow
- Jan 06, 2021: Facebook posts help facilitate belief that HPV vaccine is dangerous to health
- Dec 03, 2020: Explaining science – visually