The School of Journalism faculty’s research takes many forms and covers a wide variety of topics in both journalism and strategic communication.
A leader in journalism education and research, the School of Journalism faculty are on the cutting edge of research.
The School has consistently ranked nationally for research publications and submissions. Our faculty and students publish high-impact research in top scholarly publications.
And the School of Journalism is backed by the support of the University of Missouri, a research-intensive university and one of only 34 public U.S. universities selected for membership in the prestigious American Association of Universities (and one of only two Missouri institutions to be selected).
The School of Journalism faculty and students have particular expertise in four evolving research areas:
- Nov 15, 2019: Missouri doctoral student studies impact of Chinese anti-corruption movement news on college students
- Nov 06, 2019: Journalism professors equip students with science and information literacy skills
- Nov 04, 2019: Journalism job research finds writing and news judgment still top skills required
- Oct 21, 2019: Missouri School of Journalism Professor Margaret Duffy presents research at Oxford University
- Aug 23, 2019: Assistant Professor Cristina Mislán Named 2019 AJHA Rising Scholar Award Winner
- Aug 19, 2019: Jennifer Mosbrucker Awarded O.O. McIntyre Fellowship
- Jul 24, 2019: Missouri Journalism Faculty, Graduate Students and Alumni to Present More Than 60 Papers at AEJMC Conference
- May 29, 2019: Students Gain Hands-On Experience Developing Campaigns to Attract Audiences to Boxing
- May 29, 2019: More than victims: Migration images provide a chance to tell a greater story
- Apr 30, 2019: Smart Alarm Clock Delivering Local News Wins 12th Annual Journalism Development Competition
- Apr 24, 2019: Graduate Student Dan Schwartz is 2019 Smith/Patterson Science Journalism Fellow
- Apr 16, 2019: Journalism Professor Named Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Advertising
- Jul 20, 2018: Top Awards and Numerous Paper Presentations Among Missouri’s Highlights at Upcoming Academic Conference
- May 17, 2018: Journalism Student Takes Deep Dive into Research, Learns Time Management Skills as Discovery Fellow
- Apr 30, 2018: Associate Professor Tim Vos Elected to AEJMC Leadership Position