The Missouri School of Journalism has been continuously accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications since the process began in the late 1940s.
During its last review in 2016, the School was found to be in compliance with all nine standards at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Standard 1. Mission, Governance and Administration
- Standard 2. Curriculum and Instruction
- Standard 3. Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Standard 4. Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty
- Standard 5. Scholarship: Research, Creative and Professional Activity
- Standard 6. Student Services
- Standard 7. Resources, Facilities and Equipment
- Standard 8. Professional and Public Service
- Standard 9. Assessment of Learning Outcomes
The accreditation process involves four steps. These are a self-study conducted by faculty, staff and students; a site visit of educators and professors; a recommendation by the national accrediting committee; and a final vote by the national Accrediting Council. More information about the nine standards is available on the ACEJMC website.