Style Guide: T
- Use figures except for noon and midnight.
- Use a colon to separate hours from minutes: 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 3 to 5:15 p.m.
- Avoid redundancy: Don’t write 10 a.m. this morning, 10 p.m. tonight.
- Titles: Capitalize and spell out formal titles such as professor, dean, director, president, chancellor, chair when they precede a name. Lowercase elsewhere.
- Examples: Associate Professor Bill Doe; Bill Doe, associate professor; Professor and Chair Bill Doe; Bill Doe, professor and chair. Lowercase modifiers, as in history Professor Sally Ray.
- Depending on where the article will be placed (J School or RJI) use the position the person is affiliated first with.
- Story on RJI: Stacey Woelfel, RJI director of aerial journalism and Missouri School of Journalism professor.
- Story on J School about something other than documentary journalism: Stacey Woelfel, professor and directory of the Jonathan B. Murray Journalism Center.
- Story on J School related to documentary journalism: Stacey Woelfel, director of the Jonathan B. Murray Documentary Journalism Center and a professor at the Journalism School.