Columbia, Mo. (June 20, 2003) — Suzette Heiman, director of planning and communications and an associate professor at the Missouri School of Journalism, has been named to the first Best Practices in Corporate Communication advisory council of experts in the field of corporate communications. Comprised of senior executives from Fortune 500 companies, the group will be a sounding board for such issues as financial responsibility, corporate values, and measurement of the corporate communications function.
“This impressive cadre of business leaders will come together to address the most pressing issues in business today,” said Edie Fraser, President and Founder of Best Practices in Corporate Communications. “We will meet annually to cultivate a dynamic network of strategies and ideas. Our goal is to offer counsel for all who champion improved organizational performance.”
With more than 30 years of professional and academic experience, Heiman oversees strategic planning and communications activities for the School, including the website, public6ations and alumni activities and teaches advertising and public relations courses. Heiman is one of the authors of Public Relations: The Profession and the Practice, a book that will be published by McGraw-Hill in fall 2003. She is an accredited member of the Public Relations Society of America.
BPCC’s advisory council includes:
- Sandra R. Alstadt, Director of Utility Operations Communications, Entergy Corporation
- Susan Atteridge, Executive Vice President and Chief Communications and Brand Officer, TXU
- Cheryl N. Campbell, Vice President, Corporate Communications and Public Relations, Convergys Corporation
- John R. Cook, Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, Nationwide
- Cynthia A. Demers, Vice President of Corporate and Government Affairs, Dial Corporation
- Amy Shaw Farugia, Assistant Vice President for the Communications Management Office, USAA
- Tom Forsythe, Vice President of Corporate Communications, General Mills
- Kathleen H. Forte, Vice President, Global Public Affairs, DuPont
- Ginger Hardage, Vice President of Corporate Communications, Southwest Airlines Co.
- Suzette Heiman, Director of Planning and Communications, Associate Professor, Missouri School of Journalism
- Ray Jordan, Vice President of Communications and Information, Pfizer, Inc.
- Chip Keeling, Vice President of Corporate Communications, LG&E Corporation
- Tracey B. Kincaid, Corporate Vice President, Organizational Communications, PacifiCare Health Systems, Inc.
- Montye Male, Vice President of Corporate Communications, Weyerhaeuser Company
- David Merrill, Director of Shared Marketing Support Services, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Debra Miller, Former Vice President, Armstrong and Cummins, Special Counsel to BPCC
- Ana Mollinedo, Vice President Diversity, Communications, and Community Affairs, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Pattie Overstreet-Miller, Vice President of Corporate Communications, Dade Behring
- David Rickey, Senior Vice President, Public Relations, AmSouth Bank
- Cathy Roche, Vice President of Corporate Communications, Duke Energy
- Dave Schottelkotte, Global Corporate Employee Communications Manager, Procter & Gamble
- Jim Shaffer, President and Founder, The Jim Shaffer Group, Special Counsel to BPCC
- Amy P. Sherwood, Vice President of Public Relations and Consumer Affairs, Yum! Brands, Inc.
Owned by New York-based iVillage (Nasdaq: IVIL), BPCC provides a variety of services, including Web content and interactivity, dynamic reports and white papers, monthly conference calls, and insightful one-day sessions. Hundreds of communications experts at more than 50 prestigious companies utilize BPCC for networking, informal advice, and professional development.
Updated: March 2, 2020