The Prestigious Program Offers a Paid 10-Week Internship for Summer 2017
By Yue Tang
Junior Lydia Birt is a winner of the highly selective Pulliam Journalism Fellowship for summer 2017. She will report for the Arizona Republic in Phoenix.
Columbia, Mo. (March 20, 2017) — Missouri School of Journalism junior Lydia Birt is a winner of the highly selective Pulliam Journalism Fellowship for summer 2017. She will work as a copy editor for the Arizona Republic, a daily newspaper published in Phoenix.
The Pulliam Fellowship is a paid fellowship that places college students into the newsrooms of the Indianapolis Star and the Arizona Republic. Interns are members of the newsroom, receive mentorship and gain valuable journalism skills over the course of 10 weeks. The Arizona Republic is the state’s largest newspaper. It is currently owned by the Gannett Company, the nation’s largest newspaper chain.
Birt, from Hastings, Minnesota, is studying emerging media at the school. She has served as an intern and a summer reporter for the Hastings Star Gazette.
“Without the J-School, an opportunity like this would never have been possible for me,” Birt said. “I am so excited to work in Arizona.”
- Nov 30, 2017: University of Missouri's Reynolds Journalism Institute Announces Spring 2018 Student Innovation Fellows
- Jun 5, 2017: Online Master's Student Selected for Student Press Law Center Fellowship
- Mar 23, 2017: Kara Tabor Wins 2017 Google News Lab Fellowship
- Mar 7, 2017: 7 Alfred Friendly Fellows to Train at the Missouri School of Journalism
- Jan 24, 2017: Senior Ruth Serven Wins Pulliam Fellowship with the Indianapolis Star
- Dec 14, 2016: DC Philanthropists Fund Missouri Journalism Fellowship for Indian Reporter
- Nov 7, 2016: Master's Student Named 2017 David Kaplan Memorial Fellow
- Sep 22, 2016: Alfred Friendly Fellowship Program Formalizes Partnership with School
- Aug 17, 2016: Paula Hunt Selected for Postdoctoral Fellowship for 2016-17 Academic Year
- Jul 6, 2016: Kellogg Foundation Awards $432,000 Grant to Support Regional Health Fellowship Program
- Jun 13, 2016: National Cancer Institute Collaborates with School-based Organization on Reporting Fellowships
- Apr 12, 2016: Journalism Students, Faculty Win Health Journalism 2016 Fellowships
- Apr 5, 2016: Journalism Professor Awarded 2016 Kemper Fellowship for Teaching Excellence