Columbia, Mo. (Oct. 13, 2003) — “Exploring Freedom of Expression in a Digital World” will be held from 2-5 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 23, at the Memorial Union in Jesse Wrench Auditorium (S107). The event and a reception following the discussion are free and open to the public.
Sponsored by the Center for the Digital Globe, this 2nd annual fall symposium will explore how freedom of expression issues affects print media, intellectual property, new democracies, business and digital media.
- Arthur S. Brisbane, publisher, The Kansas City Star
- Vin Crosbie, president, Digital Deliverance, LLC
- Ronald Jones, vice president of programming, WBEZ, Chicago Public Radio
- Clyde Bentley, professor, Missouri School of Journalism
- Charles Davis, professor, Missouri School of Journalism
- Suraj Commuri, professor, University of Missouri College of Business
- Patricia Fry, professor, University of Missouri Law School
CdiG is an interdisciplinary center whose mission is to engage in the exploration of issues impacting globalization, digitization and e-commerce in law, business, journalism and human environmental sciences.