Investigative Journalism Workshop
Learn how investigative journalists find information, track people down, conduct better interviews, analyze data and find great stories.
Students will leave with the skills they need to do their own investigations and ideas to take back to their schools. The workshop is taught by investigative reporters who have worked at top news organizations such as The New York Times or ESPN and by experienced Mizzou faculty.
- How to use the web and social media to find information and background people.
- How to conduct better interviews that get people talking to you.
- How to analyze data to pull meaning from numbers and lists.
- How to tell better stories.
- How to find better story ideas.