Reporting Is Already Underway and Continues Through the Weekend
As the Missouri Tigers prepare to face the Auburn Tigers on Saturday, Dec. 7, Columbia Missourian and KOMU-TV reporters and photographers – 10 of them – are on the ground in Atlanta. Two more are in Auburn and many more are working from Columbia to highlight every aspect of the game. Faculty and staff are helping students share their efforts on a national level. The Missourian and KOMU newsrooms are staffed by Missouri Journalism students and managed by professional editors.
A no-great-story-goes-uncovered approach will allow Mizzou Tiger fans to get unparalleled access to game news, fan tailgates, fun alumni photos, exclusive interviews, behind-the-scenes news and more.
Fans can decide how and when to check in on the action. Website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vine, Storify, TV and print options deliver real-time as well as curated information.
Alumni are encouraged to share their watch party photos and comments to the Missouri Journalism coverage.
M-I-Z! Z-O-U! Follow, click, view and enjoy the ultimate in SEC Championship Game coverage.
The mobile reporting team members are print and digital news students Matthew Fairburn and Alex Smith, convergence journalism student Andrew Gibson, as well as photojournalists Amy Stroth and master’s student Kevin Cook.
Website: It’s all here – stories about the Missouri Tigers as they take on the Auburn Tigers, highlights of social media, pre-game action, photo galleries from the game action, Tiger fan activities and more.
- Twitter: The reporting crew will share game tidbits, insights, fan news and other items as they drive to Atlanta, set up and provide on-the-ground coverage.
- Instagram: See pictures of the journey, meet the fans at the game, visit Tiger tailgates and off-the-field action.
- Facebook: Catch the highlights of pre-game and game activities. Also visit the Missourian Sports Facebook Page, which will have an album of fan photos to be updated Dec. 6 and 7.
- Photo Galleries: Get a comprehensive and up-close view of the championship action.
- Storify: View multimedia packages on game topics.
- Vine: Experience the action on your smart phone with these short videos. Meet Mizzou fans, hear the roar of the crowds and more.
- Social Football Page: Highlights of all social media items, from tweets, Instagram to Facebook and Storify, will be available here.
- Newspaper Wrap: This four-page print publication is available to subscribers and can be ordered through the Missourian’s circulation department.
- Predict the Score: Add your final score prediction on the Missourian’s website and maybe win a $30 gift certificate from Shakespeare’s Pizza. Mail delivery available.
Radio-television journalism students on the KOMU mobile team in Atlanta are reporters Eric Hilt, Devon Fasbinder, Maddy Glab and Mihir Bhagat, joined by producer Ashley Colley. Reporters William Joy and Jack Wascher are covering pre-game and game-day action in Auburn.
Website: Your one-stop source of all SEC Championship Game action presented by the KOMU team. Look for ongoing stories all week, and a live blog of the game on Saturday. All stories can by found under the “Mizzou Xtra” heading.
- Facebook: Ongoing posts from the road to Atlanta, in and around the Georgia Dome, the fan hotspots there in the city, and the story in Auburn, too. We’ll have exclusive pictures, the Mizzou fan of the day, and more.
- Twitter: Get the details as they happen in Atlanta and Auburn, as well as what’s going on back in Columbia. A team of 10 journalists tweets from every inch of the championship venue. Also check the KOMU Sports Twitter Feed.
- On-Air Live Reports: Catch the sights and sounds of championship week from Atlanta and Auburn, as well as what’s happening back home in Columbia, all in special extended segments starting Thursday on KOMU 8 News at Five and running around the clock in every newscast through Saturday night. Then, watch the big wrap-up Sunday night after the NFL game on KOMU 8 Sports Xtra.