At the Missouri School of Journalism, students have many media outlets available to cover all aspects of sports. (Photos: Lexi Churchill.)
Check out what students are covering, photographing, filming, editing and sharing, as well as creating for strategic communication clients. The sports journalists represent all years in school, from freshman on up. For updates on all-things-sports at the Missouri School of Journalism, follow us on Twitter: @MUJschoolSports.
- Six students call Mizzou baseball games vs. Kentucky during April 14-16 weekend. For Missouri Baseball’s series against Kentucky in Columbia from April 14-16, six different students called three games for KCOU 88.1 FM Radio. The students who called the games:
- Freshman Connor McCann and sophomore Brad Smith called a game on Friday.
- Freshman Garrett Jones and junior Carter Woodiel called a game on Saturday.
- Senior Andrew Weiss and sophomore Matt Terry called a game on Sunday.
- Students cover Mizzou football spring game on Saturday, April 15. Missouri football held its annual spring game at Memorial Stadium on Saturday. Students who covered the event include:
- Juniors Peter Baugh, Tyler Kraft and Anne Rogers, Columbia Missourian.
- Seniors Jacob Kornhauser and Chris Turner, KOMU-TV 8.
- Senior Colton Pouncy, Rivals’ PowerMizzou.com.
- Sophomore Alec Lewis, the Kansas City Star.
- Freshman Nick Kelly, The Maneater.
- Tramel Raggs, SB Nation’s RockMNation.
- Tyler Murry, ABC-TV 17.
- Junior completes Q&A with SEC Network analyst for the Columbia Missourian. Junior Anne Rogers spoke with Cole Cubelic, an SEC Network analyst, ahead of Mizzou football’s spring game. The Q&A appeared in the Columbia Missourian, the School of Journalism’s community newspaper that serves mid-Missouri. [More]
- Sophomore photographs spring practice and spring football game. Junior Lexi Churchill took photos of the Missouri spring football game for PowerMizzou.com, the Missouri site that is part of Yahoo’s Rivals network. She has taken photos at football practices throughout the spring. [More]
- Senior produces package about local community rallying around family after house fire. Senior Chris Turner produced a package about a high school football player’s house fire and how the Jefferson City community came together to help that player’s family. Turner’s story appeared on KOMU-TV 8, Mid-Missouri’s NBC affiliate owned by the Missouri School of Journalism. [More]
- Senior accepts job as sports anchor/reporter at Oregon ABC affiliate. Senior Jacob Kornhauser recently accepted a job with KDRV, an ABC affiliate station in Medford, Oregon. Kornhauser spent the summer of 2016 with ESPN as an intern.
- Junior wins $5,000 David Lipman Scholarship Award. In case you missed it, junior Tashan Reed was selected as the winner of the $5,000 Press Club of Metropolitan St. Louis/St. Louis Post Dispatch David Lipman Scholarship. [More]
Updated: October 20, 2020