LAURA JOHNSTON is an associate professor and senior news editor for the Columbia Missourian, where her work is focused on online production. Before joining the Missourian staff, she worked as a reporter and editor for Rust Communications in Cape Girardeau, Mo. A Missouri native, she holds both a master’s and bachelor’s degree from the Missouri School of Journalism.
- May 14, 2019: 3 Missouri Journalism Students Win Dow Jones News Fund Internships
- Jun 27, 2018: Four Journalism Faculty Awarded Hearst Fellowship Grants
- May 9, 2018: 4 Missouri Journalism Students Win Dow Jones News Fund Internships
- Nov 16, 2016: Columbia Missourian Earns International Recognition for Olympic Page Design
- Apr 6, 2016: ASNE and Missouri School of Journalism Develop Unique Training Resources for High Schools
- Apr 5, 2016: School Announces Members of New Strategic Planning Leadership Team
- Sep 10, 2015: School Welcomes New Faculty Members, Announces Promotions
- Nov 3, 2014: Master's Student Publishes iBook Showcasing Photos, Writing of Jack and Dorothy Fields
- Sep 30, 2013: 2 Missouri Journalism Students Create a Major Multimedia Exhibit About Boone County Residents
- Sep 6, 2012: Missouri School of Journalism Sports Reporters Cover the Tigers Inaugural SEC Season
- Apr 22, 2010: School Is Honored with the 2010 ACES Glamann Award for Contributions to Editing
- Oct 12, 2007: Missouri Journalism Students Earn 30 Awards in Statewide Professional Competition
- Aug 29, 2006: Special Section of Columbia Missourian Receives 1st Place Award
- Dec 15, 2005: iLife, Camera, Action!