Real-Media News Outlets, 30-Plus Interest Areas and Extensive Alumni Network Are Cited as Key Strengths
Columbia, Mo. (July 29, 2014) — CollegeMagazine.com has named the Missouri School of Journalism the No. 1 journalism school in the U.S.
CollegeMagazine.com ranks the Missouri School of Journalism the No. 1 journalism school in the U.S.
Ross Tetzloff, a sophomore English major at Boston College, oversaw the 2014 rankings report. He said the first step in the process was to look at a wide variety of areas such as classes, hands-on learning opportunities and awards before narrowing the list of top contenders down to about 20.
Tetzloff then did an in-depth search on these schools, examining the course catalog, faculty expertise, alumni connections, career resources and the like.
The final step was to visit with currently enrolled students.
“This is what really allowed the flavor of each school to come out,” Tetzloff said. “The conversations made the information about the schools click.”
The CollegeMagazine.com feature on Missouri includes a photo of Walter Williams Hall. The commentary notes: “Missouri’s excellence runs far deeper than its awards.” The more than 30 interest areas, the Missouri Method of hands-on learning in real-media news outlets and agencies as well as the extensive alumni network are some of the key strengths mentioned.
Visit CollegeMagazine.com to read the full story. The publication, written by students for students, covers issues that affect campuses nationwide. Its goal is to help students balance the academic and social aspects of college life.
- Dec 22, 2015: Missouri School of Journalism Voted No. 1 in Annual NewsPro-RTDNA Poll
- Jun 25, 2015: Magazine Publishing Capstone Turns Fangirl Prototype into Realistic Business Endeavor
- May 8, 2015: Why Students Should Understand How to Cover Trauma
- Dec 16, 2014: NewsPro-RTDNA Poll Ranks Missouri as the No. 1 School of Journalism
- Aug 8, 2014: Missouri Journalism Students, Faculty, Staff Earn More than 500 Awards and Honors in 2013-14 Academic Year
- Jun 24, 2014: KBIA-FM Students, Faculty and Staff Win 3 Missouri Broadcasters Association Awards
- May 12, 2014: National Academy of Television Arts and Science Awards 6 Student Pillars of Excellence to Missouri
- Dec 17, 2013: News Professionals Select Missouri as the Top J-School in the Country
- Aug 14, 2013: A Record Breaker: Missouri School of Journalism Faculty, Students and Alumni Present 114 Papers at International Conference; 11 Earn Top Paper Awards
- Jun 26, 2013: Missouri Journalism Students and Faculty Earn 485 Awards, Honors and Other Recognitions During Recent Academic Year
- Jun 6, 2011: Journalism Students Win Fox News Channel College Challenge
- Nov 3, 2010: School's Doctoral Program Ranked among Nation's Best
- Apr 29, 2010: Missouri's Strategic Communication Researchers Rank No. 1 in Advertising Publications
- Oct 4, 2006: Journalism Professor Ranked No. 1 Researcher in Internet Advertising
- Mar 10, 2005: KBIA Ranked Second in Nation; Provides Professional Training for Students