In conjunction with Mizzou Family Weekend, a guided tour of of KOMU-TV, the J-School’s unique, University-owned NBC affiliate will be offered beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13, at the station’s broadcast facility located at 5550 Old 63 South, Columbia, MO 65201.
All Events Scheduled from 1 to 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13
Columbia, Mo. (Sept. 6, 2019) — The Missouri School of Journalism will host an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13, for students in journalism and their families. The event is held in conjunction with Family Weekend, sponsored by the University of Missouri.
A variety of presentations and self-guided activities will be available. Guests can pick up a list of options in the reception area of the Reynolds Journalism Institute. Refreshments will be served.
- Faculty and Staff Open House. J-School staff will be on hand to greet visitors and answer questions in the following locations:
- Angus and Betty McDougall Center for Photojournalism Studies, 109 Lee Hills Hall
- Columbia Missourian, 304 Lee Hills Hall
- The Frank L. Martin Journalism Library, first floor of the Reynolds Journalism Institute
- Futures Lab, ground floor of the Reynolds Journalism Institute
- Global Journalist, 215 Lee Hills Hall
- Global Programs/Journalism Abroad, 134 Neff Annex
- Jonathan B. Murray Center for Documentary Journalism, 243 Walter Williams Hall (2 to 4 p.m. only)
- Journalism Student Services, 76 Gannett
- KBIA-FM, 51 McReynolds Hall
- KCOU, 230 MU Student Center
- The Maneater, 2509 MU Student Center
- Missouri Business Alert, 215 Lee Hills Hall
- MOJO Ad, 127 Neff Annex
- MUTV, 2509 MU Student Center
- Newsy, 904 Elm
- Novak Leadership Institute, 221 Lee Hills Hall
- Vox Magazine, 320 Lee Hills Hall
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Guided Tour
- Overview of the School. Fred W. Smith Forum, 200 Reynolds Journalism Institute.
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. – Guided Tour
Visit the Mizzou Families website for more information about Family Weekend. For additional assistance, please contact the Mizzou Families Office at 573-882-5539 (toll-free, 888-631-1098) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: November 10, 2020