Donovan Ferguson Will Work at the Agency’s Washington, D.C., Office
St. Louis (Oct. 25, 2013) — Master’s student Donovan Ferguson has been selected to participate in the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship program. He is one of 19 Fellows who will be placed in 11 of FleishmanHillard‘s offices across its U.S. network. Ferguson, a Washington, D.C., native, will work at the agency’s office there.
The program, part of FleishmanHillard’s Diversity Matters initiative, addresses the need for more diversity in the advertising and public relations industries. It provides six- to 12-month paid fellowships, including benefits, to seniors, recent graduates and graduate students at U.S. colleges and universities. One of the goals of the program is to prepare Fellows for careers in the communications industry, including full-time employment with FleishmanHillard.
Donovan is a dual degree student at the University of Missouri. He completed his law degree in May 2013 and will graduate with his master’s degree in journalism in December 2013. Ferguson earned his bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from American University.
2013 participants in FleishmanHillard’s Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship program pose for a group photo.
“Our firm is immensely proud to offer a program that provides young professionals the opportunity to launch their careers in our dynamic industry,” said Dave Senay, president and CEO of FleishmanHillard. “I know their passion, energy and ideas will position them for success and strengthen our capabilities. I’m proud of the way they represent the critical mission of this program – to help bring a richer diversity to FleishmanHillard and the communications industry as a whole.”
The program was named in honor of Alfred Fleishman, the agency’s co-founder and a pioneer of modern public relations. Fleishman was a champion for promoting human rights, connecting people from diverse backgrounds, and breaking down communications barriers.
FleishmanHillard received the Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism in 2013 for decades of commitment to the highest standards of strategic communication.
- Aug 18, 2017: Missouri School of Journalism Hosts Alumni Reception at National Association of Black Journalists Convention in New Orleans
- Mar 27, 2017: Student Organization to Host International LGBTQ Film Screening
- Mar 3, 2017: Senior Olivia Peterkin Selected for Diversity in Journalism Program
- Aug 25, 2016: School Announces New, Unique Approach to Tackling Industry Diversity Levels
- Jun 30, 2016: Kandice Head Selected for #NABJNAHJ16 Student Multimedia Project
- May 27, 2016: Francisco Vara-Orta Is One of Five Selected for Inaugural ProPublica Scholarship
- Feb 29, 2016: Speaker Tells Students to Use Data, Build Trust When Covering Race
- Feb 17, 2016: National Association of Black Journalists Travel to Atlanta for Media Tour
- Feb 1, 2016: New Series of Workshops on Inclusiveness to Start in February
- Jan 6, 2016: Missouri Faculty, Alumni, Students Publish New Textbook on Cross-Cultural Journalism
- Sep 25, 2015: National Association of Black Journalists Chapter Hosts Speed Mentoring Activity
- Aug 20, 2015: Jeimmie Nevalga Selected for Dori Maynard Diversity Leadership Program
- Jun 26, 2015: Yang Cheng Wins Inez Kaiser Graduate Students of Color Award
- Nov 6, 2014: 2 Seniors Selected for 'Most Promising Multicultural Students Program'
- Mar 21, 2014: Bridget Botchway Bradley Wins 2014 Undergraduate Inclusive Excellence Award
- Nov 7, 2013: CNN Entertainment Correspondent Nischelle Turner to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Nov. 9 Event at the School
- Oct 18, 2013: AdZou Helps the Pettis County Health Center Rebrand Its Image
- Oct 15, 2013: Upcoming Internship Boot Camp to Prepare Missouri Journalism Students for the Application Process
- Jun 25, 2013: 2013 Recipients of the Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism Announced
- Dec 27, 2012: Public Relations Executive Shares a Vision of 'Complete Communications' During the Raymond M. Solomon Lecture
- Feb 22, 2011: Study Shows Most 2007-2008 Graduates Work in Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations
- Apr 7, 2004: Journalism Alumnus Has Guided Fleishman-Hillard's Growth from Small Local Agency to Global Leader