The Venue Is Devoted Entirely to Research in Public Relations
Columbia, Mo. (April 9, 2014) — Missouri School of Journalism graduate students and alumni presented eight peer-reviewed papers at the 17th annual International Public Relations Research Conference in Miami.
The theme for this year’s meeting was “Public Relations in a More Transparent Age.”
The IPRRC is one of the top venues for presentation of new public relations research and for interaction among scholars and public relations professionals. It is unique in that the conference is devoted entirely to research in public relations.
Papers presented by the School’s graduate students and alumni are as follows.
- Dealing with Subsequent Crisis Response: An Evaluation of Transparency in Government Response to the New Jersey Boardwalk Fire* by doctoral student Mimi Wiggins Perreault and master’s student Anli Xiao.
- The Effect of the Attacker’s Reputation on Reputation Attacks as a Function of Organization Transparency* by Anli Xiao.
- The Influence of Crisis Response Strategy on Perceived Organizational Transparency* by master’s student Ginny Chadwick.
- From #mcdonaldsfail to #dominossucks: An Analysis of Instagram Images About the 10 Largest Fast Food Companies by Jeanine Guidry; Yan Jin, MA ’02, PhD ’05; Vivian Medina Messner, Virginia Commonwealth.
- Resource-based Public Relations Efforts for University Reputation from an Agenda-Building and Agenda-Setting Perspective by Youngah Lee, MA ’08, PhD ’11, Indiana Wesleyan; Wayne Wanta, Florida; Hyunmin Lee, PhD ’11.
- The Role of Media Selection in Predicting Trust: Evidence from the Global Trust Study by Alan VanderMolen, Edelman; Michael Cacciatore, Juan Meng, Bryan Reber, PhD ’01, Georgia.
- Telling the Untold Management: Transparent Leadership in Small Businesses* by master’s student HyungJin Gill.
- Under What Specific Situation Is a Transparent Statement Necessary? The Interplay Between Pre-emptive Disclosure, Timing of Disclosure, and Image Repair Tactics in Food Recall Crisis by Bokyung Kim, PhD ’12, Rowan University; Seoyeon Hong.
*These papers were produced as part of JOURN 8044 Strategic Conflict Management, taught by Professor Glen Cameron and doctoral student Seoyeon Hong.
Updated: July 24, 2020
Related StoriesExpand All Collapse All
- Oct 21, 2015 Global Public Relations Executive, Alumnus Bob Leaf Gives Solomon Lecture
- May 06, 2015 Yang Cheng Wins International Corporate Communication Award
- May 04, 2015 Doctoral Student Yang Cheng Named PRIME Research Fellow
- Apr 21, 2015 Glen Cameron One of 6 to Receive National 'Milestones in Mentoring' Award
- Feb 09, 2015 Many Would Rather Buy Generic Clothes than Stand Out with Designer Brands
- Jan 09, 2015 iPhone Separation Linked to Anxiety, Poor Cognitive Performance
- Oct 13, 2014 Professor Tim Vos Earns Top Honor from American Journalism Historians Association
- Sep 17, 2014 Professor Glen T. Cameron Receives Top International Public Relations Honor
- Apr 09, 2014 Journalism Graduate Students and Alumni Present 8 Papers at the International Public Relations Research Conference in Miami
- Apr 08, 2014 Doctoral Student Wins 3 Awards at the American Academy of Advertising Annual Conference
- Oct 07, 2013 Alumnus Helps Public Relations Students Learn Presentation and Entrepreneurial Skills
- Sep 04, 2013 Facebook Use By Organizations During Crises Helps Public Image, Journalism Study Finds
- Aug 14, 2013 A Record Breaker: Missouri School of Journalism Faculty, Students and Alumni Present 114 Papers at International Conference; 11 Earn Top Paper Awards
- May 28, 2013 Missouri School of Journalism Faculty, Students and Alumni to Present 33 Papers at the International Communication Association Conference in London
- Apr 01, 2013 Strategic Communication Students Visit New York to Learn More about the Practice of Advertising and Public Relations
- Dec 27, 2012 Public Relations Executive Shares a Vision of 'Complete Communications' During the Raymond M. Solomon Lecture
- Sep 12, 2012 Facebook Profile Pictures Influence Perceived Attractiveness, Journalism Study Finds
- Aug 14, 2012 Missouri School of Journalism Faculty, Students and Alumni Present 106 Papers at International Conference; 19 Earn Top Paper Awards
- May 16, 2012 Missouri School of Journalism Scholars to Participate in Global Research Conference