Walt Denny, BJ ’74, Returns to Campus to Teach 2 Topics Courses
Columbia, Mo. (Oct. 7, 2013) — Walt Denny, BJ ’74, has made countless presentations during his more than 30 years in the advertising and public relations fields. He recently returned to the Missouri School of Journalism to teach students his best practices in a new topics course titled Strategic Communication Presentation Techniques.
The course content included an overview of verbal and visual aspects of a presentation. Students did role-playing exercises to demonstrate proficiency in the four most common public relations presentations: prospective employers, editors, supervisors and clients.
This was the second time this semester Denny was on campus to teach a topics course. Earlier he taught students how to start their own agency, something he and his wife did in 1989. Walt Denny Inc. focuses on home products and has represented clients such as Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid. The many awards won by Denny’s agency include Omni International Awards, the Art Directors Club annual awards and Keystone Press Awards.
“Walt has been incredibly generous in sharing his expertise with our students,” said Margaret Duffy, strategic communication faculty chair. “He not only teaches – he inspires students to imagine new possibilities for their lives and careers.”
Denny heard the final presentations on the last day of class and had several recommendations for them.
“The students’ quick grasp of the strategies and enthusiasm for the role-playing presentation techniques made for a very invigorating week,” Denny said. “I always enjoy my time with the strategic communication faculty and the students.”
Updated: July 20, 2020
- Oct 18, 2013 AdZou Helps the Pettis County Health Center Rebrand Its Image
- Oct 07, 2013 Alumnus Helps Public Relations Students Learn Presentation and Entrepreneurial Skills
- Sep 23, 2013 AdZou Launches New Website with Improved Features for Clients and Students
- Aug 20, 2013 Behind the Magic: 'Lunch, Learn & Network' Event Reveals the Secrets Behind Great Digital Marketing
- May 28, 2013 Famous Footwear Taps MOJO Ad to Reach the Youth and Young Adult Market
- Apr 01, 2013 Strategic Communication Students Visit New York to Learn More about the Practice of Advertising and Public Relations
- Feb 27, 2013 Students and Recruiters Connect at Annual Strategic Communication Career Fair