The Professional Capstone Agency Provides Ad and Public Relations Solutions for Brands Around the World
Columbia, Mo. (Sept. 23, 2013) — AdZou, a strategic communication agency at the Missouri School of Journalism, has launched a new website. The improved functionality, design and navigation showcases the work produced for previous clients and provides information about the agency for future clients and students.
Navigation buttons in the shape of speech balloons highlight the key areas of the site: process, projects, for students, for clients, the Missouri method and hire us. The energy and fresh thinking the students bring to each project is reflected in the site’s colors of orange, black and white.
“We’re very proud of the work our students produce, and this new site offers an inviting way for prospective clients, alumni, and other friends of the School to see it,” said Margaret Duffy, strategic communication faculty chair.
AdZou is the professional capstone class for seniors studying strategic communication in the School. Graduating students work in small teams to create a complete research-based advertising and public relations campaign for a real company or organization. AdZou will serve approximately 25 clients during the 2013-14 academic year. Previous clients have included international brands such as Anheuser Busch and AT&T and national companies such as Veterans United Home Loans and Champs Chicken. The agency also serves a number of regional and local clients.
The site pulls together the social media community – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram – of the School’s strategic communication area.
Funding for the new AdZou website came from Sally Dewitt, BJ ’71. Several strategic communication faculty and staff members contributed to the website content including Jon Stemmle and Jamie Flink, assistant professors, and Kathy Sharp, coordinator. Assistant Professor Frank Corridori designed the site, and Patrick O’Brien, BJ ’08, provided technical support.
Updated: July 20, 2020
Related StoriesExpand All Collapse All
- Sep 19, 2019 Athlead student team wins Fox Sports University challenge after being tasked with getting casual Fox viewer interested in boxing
- May 29, 2019 Students Gain Hands-On Experience Developing Campaigns to Attract Audiences to Boxing
- May 17, 2019 Missouri School of Journalism Students Gain Hands-On Experience Working for Fee-Based Clients
- Oct 12, 2015 AdZou Team Travels to LA After Winning Inaugural Fox Sports University Competition
- Jul 28, 2015 AdZou Team Completes Its First International Assignment
- Jun 10, 2015 AdZou Wins First FOX Sports University Intercollegiate Competition
- May 18, 2015 Work of Strategic Communication Students Celebrated at Awards Ceremony
- Oct 18, 2013 AdZou Helps the Pettis County Health Center Rebrand Its Image
- Oct 07, 2013 Alumnus Helps Public Relations Students Learn Presentation and Entrepreneurial Skills
- Sep 23, 2013 AdZou Launches New Website with Improved Features for Clients and Students
- May 28, 2013 Famous Footwear Taps MOJO Ad to Reach the Youth and Young Adult Market
- Apr 22, 2013 Fox Sports and Missouri School of Journalism Partner to Develop Campaign to Promote FIFA World Cup
- Mar 12, 2013 MOJO Ad Students Visit 8 Minneapolis Advertising Agencies and Media Companies
- Feb 27, 2013 Students and Recruiters Connect at Annual Strategic Communication Career Fair