Founded in 1979, the Telly Awards honor outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs; video and film productions; and online commercials and videos. The Telly Awards received over 13,000 entries in a variety of categories from television stations, advertising agencies, cable operators and production departments. The Global Journalist episode was submitted in the category of Political/Commentary.
The program, which aired in December following the international climate accord in Paris, featured experts from the Natural Resources Defense Council, the climate science program at Iowa State University and the University of Toronto.
The program was hosted by Global Journalist’s Jason McLure and directed by Travis McMillen of the Reynolds Journalism Institute. Joshua Kranzberg is the program’s executive producer and student producers Lakshna Mehta, Erjun Peng, Zhou Hang and Shih-Wei Chou contributed to the winning episode.
A weekly half-hour program on international affairs and press freedom issues, Global Journalist is a production of the Missouri School of Journalism and the Reynolds Journalism Institute. It is supported by the Lee Hills Chair in Free Press Studies, an endowed professorship held by Global Journalist’s Executive Editor Amy McCombs.
Global Journalist is broadcast as a video program on Columbia Access Television and online via globaljournalist.org and YouTube. It also airs as a radio program on KBIA-FM, mid-Missouri’s NPR station and online via NPR Podcasts, iTunes and SoundCloud.
Updated: September 24, 2020
- Dec 22, 2015 Missouri School of Journalism Voted No. 1 in Annual NewsPro-RTDNA Poll
- Oct 05, 2015 KBIA-FM Wins Top RNA Award for Religion Reporting
- Sep 28, 2015 Online News Association Awards KBIA-FM Its Top Award for Excellence
- Jul 01, 2015 KBIA-FM Wins 3 First-Place Awards in National Competition
- Apr 10, 2015 Global Journalist Interview Garners Spanish Student Vanity Fair Award
- Sep 09, 2010 Media and Business Executive Amy S. McCombs Named the Lee Hills Chair at the Missouri School of Journalism
- Apr 26, 2010 Pat Smith Is Honored with the MU 2010 International Engagement Award
- Mar 16, 2010 The 'Global Journalist' Radio Program Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary with the Premiere of New Interactive and Video Features