Columbia, Mo. (Aug. 17, 2020) — The Missouri School of Journalism welcomes a new faculty member and announces promotions for seven others for the 2020-21 academic year.
Those promoted to the academic rank of professor are Jeanne Abbott, Jennifer Rowe and Scott Swafford. All are members of the School’s professional practice faculty. Cristina Mislán, a member of the journalism studies faculty and Sungkyoung Lee, a member of the strategic communication faculty were promoted to the academic rank of associate professor with tenure; and Robert Greene and Elizabeth Stephens, both members of the journalism professional practice faculty, were promoted to the academic rank of associate professor.
The new faculty member is: Susan Renoe, Assistant Professor.
Susan Renoe joins the Strategic Communication faculty. Currently, she also serves as the MU Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research, Extension & Engagement, a joint position between the Office of Research & Economic Development and the Office of Extension & Engagement. In this role, Renoe works to strengthen the university’s impact on the state of Missouri. She is also Principal Investigator and Executive Director of the National Science Foundation-funded (NSF) Center for Advancing Research Impact in Society.
Updated: November 13, 2020
Related StoriesExpand All Collapse All
- Dec 20, 2021 Elizabeth Conner Stephens named executive editor of Columbia Missourian and Missouri Community Newspaper Management Chair
- Sep 16, 2021 Documentary Journalism program sees flurry of success, recognition
- Feb 24, 2021 Meet School of Journalism's newest Strategic Communication faculty member
- Nov 24, 2020 Journalism Associate Professor Cristina Mislán awarded the 2020 Provost’s Award for University Citizenship in Faculty Service
- Nov 24, 2020 Journalism Associate Professor Robert Greene awarded the 2020 Provost Outstanding Junior Faculty Teaching Award
- Aug 17, 2020 Missouri School of Journalism welcomes a new faculty member, announces promotions