JENNIFER ROWE is the Carol Junge Loomis Faculty Fellow and has taught various magazine classes since joining the Missouri School of Journalism in 1998. These include courses in editing, design and writing as well as lifestyle and service journalism. She also regularly serves as editorial director of Vox, an award-winning weekly city magazine that appears online and in the print edition of the Columbia Missourian newspaper, which is distributed throughout Columbia.
Rowe worked as communications coordinator and editor for an association in St. Louis from 1989 to 1996. She was elected president of an association of editors during that time. Rowe holds both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Missouri School of Journalism.
Having been a contributing editor for Italian Cooking and Living magazine as well as the Magazine of Cucina Italiana for more than five years, Rowe has written freelance articles for Runner’s World, Elle, Real Simple, Westways and St. Louis magazines, among others. She is a speaker at a variety of conferences and workshops across the country, including the FOLIO: show in both New York City and Chicago.
Rowe has earned two of the University of Missouri’s more prestigious teaching awards: the William T. Kemper Fellowship for Teaching Excellence in 2009 and the Provost’s Outstanding Junior Faculty Teaching Award in 2004.
Reynolds Faculty Fellowships; Carol Junge Loomis Faculty Fellow
Established in 2014 by the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation, the Reynolds Faculty Fellowship was established to help recruit and retain talented faculty at the Missouri School of Journalism. The Fellowship provides support for scholarship and research, in addition to salary enhancement. Donald W. Reynolds was a 1927 graduate of the Missouri School of Journalism and spent his life building the Donrey Media Group, ultimately owning more than 100 enterprises in the newspaper, radio, television, cable television and outdoor advertising industries. The Foundation is allowing up to 50 third-party donors to create individual Fellowships. The Carol Loomis Faculty Fellow is named for Carol Loomis, BJ ’51, one of the industry’s most respected financial journalists, who retired in 2014 as senior editor-at-large of Fortune magazine.
Related StoriesExpand All Collapse All
- Nov 16, 2016 Update on J-School Strategic Planning
- Nov 14, 2016 Alumni, Faculty Recognized by Mizzou Alumni Association
- Nov 08, 2016 Retired Magazine Professor Jan Colbert Dies
- Sep 07, 2016 Strategic Planning: 'Coming Together'
- Aug 17, 2016 Vox, Magazine Students Win 9 Awards in National Contest
- May 17, 2016 Jennifer Rowe Wins the O.O. McIntyre Professorship for Teaching Excellence
- Apr 07, 2016 5 Students to Participate in New York Times Workshop
- Apr 05, 2016 School Announces Members of New Strategic Planning Leadership Team
- Dec 09, 2014 Recent Graduate Places in Top 10 in Hearst Feature Writing Competition
- Jul 29, 2014 Cleaner, Brighter, Easier to Navigate: Vox Magazine Website Redesign Culminates 3 Years of Work
- May 12, 2014 Two Magazine Journalism Faculty Members to Retire at End of Academic Year
- Apr 18, 2014 New Vox Magazine Design Offers Fresh New Look for Columbia Readers
- Apr 04, 2014 Journalism Alumni Offer Advice to Magazine Students During New York City Visit
- Apr 03, 2014 Journalism Students Freelance for Publications Across the Country
- Jan 27, 2014 Students Publish Columbia's Little-Known Secrets in Vox Magazine
- Jul 18, 2013 Magazine Journalism Students Win 3 First-Place Magazine Journalism Awards in International Competition
- May 06, 2013 How Vox Magazine Prepares For and Covers the True/False Film Fest
- Apr 03, 2013 Magazine Journalism Students Visit Magazine Offices in New York City
- Mar 21, 2013 Missouri School of Journalism Alumni Give Insights into Long-Form Stories and Reporting
- Jul 27, 2009 Vox Wins Four Awards in National Student Magazine Contest
- Apr 08, 2009 Missouri Journalism Professor Awarded 2009 Kemper Fellowship for Teaching Excellence
- Feb 05, 2009 Magazine Journalism Students Produce a 40-Page "Top Doctors" Issue
- Jan 29, 2009 Upcoming Seminar Will Focus on Improving Print and Electronic Publications
- Sep 22, 2006 New Professional Group Helps Students Hone Copy-Editing Skills
- Sep 20, 2006 Journalism School Welcomes 44 Walter Williams Scholars
- Aug 29, 2006 Magazine Students Win Five Awards at AEJMC
- May 08, 2006 School to Recognize 398 Graduates at Upcoming Commencement Ceremonies
- Feb 06, 2006 Upcoming Publishing Summit to Provide Professional Development, Networking, Student Recruitment Opportunities
Updated: August 6, 2020