Reuben Stern is the director of the Missouri School of Journalism’s New York program and the director of New York City partnerships for the Reynolds Journalism Institute. He is based in New York City.
Previously, Stern was part of the RJI Futures Lab team and served as the host and co-producer of the Futures Lab weekly video update.
His areas of expertise include innovation, management, content strategy, product development, marketing, multimedia reporting and editing, cross-platform content delivery, audience research and engagement, user experience, design and infographics.
In 2009, Stern helped create the cross-platform public affairs program Intersection, a collaboration of RJI and NPR-affiliate station KBIA/91.3 FM, and he hosted the program from its launch through 2013. He also has been teaching classes at the Missouri School of Journalism since 2002.
Before joining RJI, Stern was the managing editor for the Columbia Missourian, where he directly oversaw the day-to-day operation for the website and daily newspaper and helped launch several innovative initiatives including a revamped website and custom-built content management system.
Previously Stern worked at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution; The Budapest Sun, an English-language newspaper in Hungary; and the Los Angeles Daily News. He also spent several years working as a freelance editor and graphic designer.
Related StoriesExpand All Collapse All
- May 05, 2016 An Interviewing Tool for the Apple Watch Wins RJI Student Competition
- Apr 06, 2016 ASNE and Missouri School of Journalism Develop Unique Training Resources for High Schools
- Mar 16, 2016 New York City Internship Program to Be Offered Year-Round
- Mar 15, 2016 KBIA-FM Team Publishes Multimedia Package on Campus Race Relations
- Dec 07, 2012 Christie Megura, BJ '12, Earns Fourth Place, Wins $1,000 Scholarship for Feature Writing in Hearst Journalism Award Program
- Apr 26, 2012 Local News/Ad Widget Wins 2012 RJI Student Competition
- Apr 18, 2012 New Website Lauds Work of Those Who Care for Mid-Missouri's Mentally Ill Population
- Nov 13, 2006 Summer Internship Contest Recognizes Thirteen for Outstanding Journalism Work
- Sep 09, 2006 Stern Named Managing Editor of the Columbia Missourian
- Sep 06, 2006 Knight Center in Editing Excellence Creates New Leadership Role to Guide Journalism's Future
- Jul 17, 2006 Journalism Students and Faculty to Present 31 Papers at 2006 AEJMC Conference
- Apr 04, 2006 Master's Students Receive International Recognition for Excellence in Visual Journalism
Updated: August 17, 2020