TOM WARHOVER is an associate professor at the Missouri School of Journalism and Editor-at-Large for the Reynolds Journalism Institute. From 2001 to 2017, Warhover was also executive editor of the Columbia Missourian, a community newspaper managed by professionals and staffed by students. He was chair of the Print and Digital News faculty from 2006 to 2017.
Prior to joining the university, he worked for The Virginian-Pilot, a newspaper serving southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. He was a copy editor, designer, wire editor, metro editor and beat reporter. He helped the paper create principles and daily practices for the then-fledgling concept of public (or civic) journalism. He helped guide long-term newsroom strategies as deputy managing editor and fiscal fortunes as the North Carolina general manager.
He co-authored a journalism textbook, Getting the Whole Story: Reporting and Writing the News.
Related StoriesExpand All Collapse All
- Nov 14, 2014 Journalism Graduate Students Create Interactive Election-Tracking Map
- Jul 24, 2014 Missouri School of Journalism Faculty, Students and Alumni to Present 100-Plus Papers at International Conference; 18 Earn Top Paper Awards
- May 12, 2014 Brandon Foster and Dani Kass Win Dean's Award for Breaking News Reporting
- Apr 22, 2014 Associate Professor Maggie Walter Receives Outstanding Journalism Alumna Award from Ball State University
- Sep 26, 2012 Columbia Missourian Wins 65 Awards in 2012 Missouri Press Association's Better Newspaper Contest
- Sep 12, 2012 Missourian Front Sports Page Cited as One of the 'Most Interesting Weekend Front Pages' by National Design Critic
- Jan 12, 2012 Senior Journalism Student Selected to Participate in Sports Journalism Institute
- Oct 27, 2005 Columbia Missourian Wins 27 Awards in 2005 Better Newspapers Contest
- May 13, 2005 Getsinger and Hoops Among Top 20 Winners in Hearst Spot News Writing Contest
- May 02, 2005 Cristian Lupsa Awarded Atwater Prize for Writing
- Apr 04, 2005 Journalism Students Win First, Eighth Place in Hearst Journalism Awards Program
- Apr 01, 2005 Missouri Design Professor Helps Newspaper Win Distinguished Design Award
- Nov 11, 2004 Contest Recognizes Seven for Outstanding Summer Journalism Work
- Sep 14, 2004 Columbia Missourian Nabs 18 State Awards in Newspaper Contest
- Sep 09, 2004 The Missouri School of Journalism Welcomes Five New Faculty Members
- Jun 17, 2004 Ross Todd Named Finalist in Religion News Association National Contest
- Apr 12, 2004 Two Missourian Reporters Win Second Place in Missouri AP Managing Editors Contest
- Apr 02, 2004 Journalism Students, Faculty Create New Sunday Prototype for Columbia Missourian
- Feb 13, 2004 Journalism Student Places First in Hearst Competition
Updated: August 23, 2021