HOLLY HIGGINBOTHAM has taught at the Missouri School of Journalism since 2002. In 2013 she joined the faculty as an assistant professor, teaching strategic communication courses that cover the principles of the field, public relations, campaigns and advising AAF Missouri and AdZou. Previously, she taught several Strategic Writing I labs as well as Principles of Strategic Communication as an adjunct instructor.
Her background in journalism began at an early age working summers at a weekly newspaper owned by her family. As a young journalism professional fresh out of college, Higginbotham worked at the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock as a copy editor and late-night assistant wire editor. She also served as a staff writer for a national specialty magazine based in Little Rock.
In 1992, she made the move from traditional journalism to the corporate communications world. She spent the next decade promoting a multihospital healthcare system through effective communication strategies and programs. Her background in health care includes marketing communications, public relations and employee communication. Higginbotham has received numerous writing and publication awards from the Missouri Hospital Association and the Association of American Medical Colleges.
She is a 1989 graduate of MU, with a bachelor of arts degree in English.
- May 17, 2019: Missouri School of Journalism Students Gain Hands-On Experience Working for Fee-Based Clients
- Mar 22, 2019: 6 Missouri Journalism Professors Awarded Hearst Faculty Fellowships
- Dec 21, 2018: 3 Missouri Students Selected for AAF's 2019 'Most Promising Multicultural Students Program'
- Nov 9, 2018: Journalism School Team's Award-Winning Project Inspires Ocean Spray Ad Campaign
- Aug 18, 2017: School Welcomes New Faculty Members, Announces Promotions
- May 8, 2017: Strategic Communication Students Win Third Place and Award for Most Outstanding Presenters
- Mar 27, 2017: Junior Miranda Cowan Selected for National AAF Stickell Internship Program
- Oct 25, 2016: Students Learn from Agency Professionals at Chicago Conference
- May 4, 2016: Missouri Students Give Strong Performance in District 9 Advertising Competition
- Feb 10, 2016: Senior Wins American Advertising Federation Scholarship
- Nov 11, 2015: AAF Mizzou Students Connect with Professionals on Trip to Chicago
- Oct 12, 2015: AAF Mizzou Receives National Recognition for Membership Growth
- Oct 9, 2015: Missouri Journalism Senior Sydnee Stottlemyre Wins Miss Missouri USA
- Nov 6, 2014: 2 Seniors Selected for 'Most Promising Multicultural Students Program'
- Aug 20, 2013: The Missouri School of Journalism Welcomes New Faculty Members and Announces Promotions for the 2013-14 Academic Year
- Feb 24, 2011: 20 Journalism Seniors Inducted into Elite Mizzou '39