The Group Will Hold Sessions During the Fall 2013 Semester
By Caroline Murray
Columbia, Mo. (Sept. 6, 2013) — Three Bloomberg News business journalists will visit the Missouri School of Journalism this fall to engage with students through talks, workshops and brown bag events. The guests are:
- Cesca Antonelli, Washington bureau chief and managing editor for Bloomberg News.
- Steve Stroth, a 19-year Bloomberg veteran and award-winning journalist.
- Jason Kelly, managing editor of Bloomberg, author of The New Tycoons: Inside the Trillion Dollar Private Equity Industry That Owns Everything and frequent contributor to Bloomberg Television.
The Bloomberg professionals also will hold sessions on how to use the Bloomberg Terminal, a proprietary resource available free to all University of Missouri students. The terminal provides real-time access to all kinds of business and financial market data. This includes news, price quotes, analytics and related items.
Bloomberg, with 15,000 employees in 192 locations around the world, is one of the largest journalism organizations in the world. Bloomberg reporters often break news before other news sources, according to Randall Smith, professor and the Donald W. Reynolds Endowed Chair of Business Journalism.
“Business journalism in all areas – digital, television, radio – is a fast-growing market here and abroad,” Smith said. “Missouri journalism students can be prepared for the huge career opportunities around the world and enjoy the prospect for excellent salaries.”
The Bloomberg presentations will take place Sept. 16-Nov. 5.
Updated: July 20, 2020
- Jun 22, 2020 Missouri School of Journalism senior Kaitlyn Hoevelmann receives Donald W. Reynolds Scholarship in Business Journalism
- Jun 19, 2020 Missouri School of Journalism student Emmy Lucas receives $5,000 Carol Loomis Scholarship for Business Reporting
- Jun 04, 2020 MBA reporters rise to challenge and get creative when it comes to producing content, connecting with audiences
- Apr 28, 2020 Journalism and business students gain hands-on experience participating in the 11th annual Entrepreneurship and Media of the Future Symposium competition
- Dec 12, 2019 School hosts Power Shift training to equip faculty, staff with resources to help provide workplaces free of discrimination and harassment
- Oct 01, 2019 Journalism senior Clare Roth receives Donald W. Reynolds Scholarship in Business Journalism
- May 10, 2019 Missouri Business Alert Expands to Kansas City, Adds More Hands-On Learning for Journalism Students
- Dec 22, 2017 Senior Kyle LaHucik Receives $5,000 Donald W. Reynolds Scholarship in Business Journalism
- Dec 21, 2017 Master's Student Carolina Vargas Receives $5,000 Carol Loomis Scholarship for Business Reporting
- Dec 20, 2017 Lily O'Neill Receives the $2,000 Heaster Scholarship in Business Journalism
- Nov 28, 2016 Winners of the Carol Loomis Scholarship for Business Reporting Named
- Jul 12, 2016 Missouri Business Alert Celebrates 4th Anniversary with New Offerings, Readership Increases
- May 16, 2016 Economic Journalism Students Visit St. Louis Federal Reserve
- Apr 15, 2016 Randy Smith Receives President's Award for Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Jan 21, 2016 Missouri Journalism Students Selected to Attend Economic Data Workshop in DC
- Jan 14, 2016 Kauffman Foundation Awards $100,000 Grant to Missouri Business Alert
- Nov 08, 2013 New York Times Media Reporter Brian Stelter Discusses Digital Identity with Missouri Journalism Students
- Sep 06, 2013 3 Bloomberg News Professionals to Help Missouri Journalism Students Understand Business Journalism
- Aug 06, 2013 2 Missouri Students Selected to Serve in the Student Newsroom at the National Convention of the Online News Association
- Apr 09, 2013 Missouri Business Journalism Students Honored with Society of American Business Editors and Writers Awards