She Will Intern at DigitasLBi in San Francisco This Summer
Columbia, Mo. (May 12, 2014) — The American Association of Advertising Agencies has selected Ebony Francis for its 2014 Multicultural Advertising Internship Program.
Francis will serve a 10-week paid summer internship as an account management intern at DigitasLBi, a 4A’s member advertising agency located in San Francisco.
From Orlando, Florida, Francis is a junior strategic communication major with a focus on advertising and a passion for increasing diversity in the media industry. Francis has served previous internships at the American Advertising Federation in Washington, D.C., and at Adkarma, an online advertising company in Columbia, Missouri.
Francis was recently promoted to account executive for MOJO Ad at the School for the 2014-15. MOJO Ad is the student-staffed, professional-services advertising agency that focuses on the 18-24 year-old life stage.
MAIP, now in its 41st year, has helped jumpstart the careers of more than 2,500 Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American, American Indian, Alaska Native, multiracial and multiethnic aspiring advertising professionals.
Upon completion of the program, interns become members of the MAIP Alumni Association, a close-knit family of over 2,500 MAIP graduates that fosters the development of future MAIP interns as well as the professional development of the program’s alumni.
Updated: July 27, 2020
Related StoriesExpand All Collapse All
- May 19, 2020 Five Missouri School of Journalism students named to Knight Nonprofit News Internship program for summer 2020
- Apr 28, 2020 School of Journalism students, AAF receive advice on finding jobs and internships in the age of COVID-19
- Mar 30, 2020 Two Missouri School of Journalism Students Attend AAF's 2020 'Most Promising Multicultural Students Program'
- Nov 15, 2016 Jalen Mosby Selected for 'Most Promising Multicultural Students Program'
- Nov 15, 2016 MU J-Student Studies in Media Capital of the World
- Nov 05, 2016 Alumni Profile: Jody Peterson
- Oct 25, 2016 Students Learn from Agency Professionals at Chicago Conference
- Jul 28, 2016 Insights on Internships: 5 Questions with Urma Redmond
- May 04, 2016 Missouri Students Give Strong Performance in District 9 Advertising Competition
- Feb 01, 2016 Kwon Wins $1,650 Award for Research on Luxury Brand Behaviors
- Nov 11, 2015 AAF Mizzou Students Connect with Professionals on Trip to Chicago
- Oct 12, 2015 AAF Mizzou Receives National Recognition for Membership Growth
- Sep 11, 2015 Missouri Journalism Students Share Expertise in Internships Worldwide
- Jun 26, 2015 Yang Cheng Wins Inez Kaiser Graduate Students of Color Award
- Nov 06, 2014 2 Seniors Selected for 'Most Promising Multicultural Students Program'
- May 20, 2014 Missouri Students Earn a Top 3 Win in District 9 National Student Advertising Competition
- May 12, 2014 American Association of Advertising Agencies Selects Ebony Francis for its Multicultural Advertising Internship Program
- May 12, 2014 5 Students to Receive a $1,500 Scholarship from the American Advertising Federation-Kansas City Foundation
- May 08, 2014 Strategic Communication Awards Celebrate Excellence and Achievements
- Sep 17, 2012 Expert on Media Habits of Young People Serves as Distinguished Visiting Scholar at the School
- Apr 19, 2012 MOJO Ad Students Present Annual State of the YAYA to Chicago Advertising Agencies
- Mar 06, 2012 Strategic Communication Senior Earns Two ADDY Student Awards from the AAF Kansas City Chapter
- Nov 13, 2006 Summer Internship Contest Recognizes Thirteen for Outstanding Journalism Work
- Oct 24, 2006 Strategic Planning for Strategic Communication Education
- Oct 16, 2006 Missouri Journalism Student Wins Outstanding Intern Award
- Mar 08, 2006 MU Study Shows Adolescents More Affected Emotionally, Intellectually by Fear-Based Commercials Than Adults
- Nov 02, 2005 Walter Williams Scholar Blogs for AOL's Red Service
- May 04, 2005 Students Commemorate 223 Walter Williams Memories with Special T-Shirts
- May 02, 2005 Students Learn about Account Management in a Boutique Setting
- Mar 01, 2005 Missouri Advertising Students Visit the Big Apple
- Feb 22, 2005 Missouri School of Journalism Receives $864,800 Gift
- Dec 29, 2003 Two Advertising Students Named to AAF's Most Promising Minority Students Honor Roll
- Dec 18, 2003 Two Advertising Students Create TV Ads for Nokia and Win a Trip to the Sugar Bowl
- Apr 11, 2003 Will Work For Credit: MU Journalism Students Create Ads For National Television
- Mar 11, 2003 Student Awarded Prestigious AAF Internship